Supply and Commercial ManagerPOSITION DESCRIPTION:
North Mara Gold Mine Limited is seeking to recruit a Supply and Commercial Manager to join our team. The successful candidate for this position will effectively manage all the activities specified within the position profile at North Mara Gold Mine and the role holder will be accountable to management of the Mine Supply Chain functions and related commercial aspects to ensure continuity of Supply and that all regulations have been complied, provide leadership and optimize inventory holdings and reduce logistics (freight) costs, and to meet company business targets in accordance with Barrick – North Mara Gold Mine, Health and Safety standards and procedures.
Job Title: Supply and Commercial Manager
Location: Mara, Tanzania
Reporting to: General Manager
- Ensure safe work practices by attending compulsory safety courses and meetings, use of required PPE, incident/accident reporting and ensuring total adherence to all Safety, Occupational Health and Environmental Policies, as well as other policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Reduce TRIFR and ensure that critical risks controls are implemented.
- Local Content reporting and strategy
- Reduce stock holding/ inventory, whilst ensuring zero stock outs.
- Implement cost control system and an effective supervision of capital spending and in sale of obsolete and scraps within Supply Chain.
- Reduce freight costs.
- Coordinate the sale of redundant / obsolete stock, scrap & fixed assets.
- Ensure the integration of Supply Chain into maintenance, processing and mine planning.
- Develop and maintain stakeholder engagement plan with key stakeholders, including; local and international suppliers, contractors, site operational staff, local government agencies.
- Timely and accurate completion of daily, weekly and monthly reports, with appropriate content.
- Ensure that objectives are met by team members.
- Conduct team member reviews and performance monitoring and appraisal meetings.
- Existence of Development Plans for team members, with milestones achieved.
- Ensure compliance with all Company legal ethics and compliance programs.
- Actively participate in and occasionally lead safety meetings and discussions.
- Identify potential savings opportunities and take appropriate action. Explore these ideas and complete CI initiatives for the potential cost savings.
- Continually review every aspect of the areas’ activities to ensure that opportunities to add value and enhance shareholder wealth are identified and brought forward for review.
- Monitor employee performance to ensure optimum performance and initiate appropriate action to remedy any substandard employee performance or behavior.
- Ensure auditing of policies and procedures to ensure compliance with statutory, BGML and Group requirements to do with Supply Chain.
- Provide training, supervision and direction to subordinates in the application and execution of acceptable inventory control, purchasing and cataloguing practices.
- Deliver the UG results by ensuring service level of 98% through efficient stock and logistics management
- Executes the Supply Chain strategy which drives optimal quality, lead time and cost.
- Custodian of all contracts
- Management of relationships with HODs, Supply Chain partners and with regulatory authorities
- Management of the Collaborative Demand planning in conjunction with Group Demand and Inventory Manager and Line Management at the mine.
- Chair and drive the specific outcomes required from the monthly change and demand review meeting.
- Drive Supply Chain Best Practice through collaboration with HODs, demand planning, inventory control and, Stock Keeping Unit(SKU)optimization
- Management of technical sourcing, pricing and procurement
- Managing the implementation of initiatives to optimize stock holding
- Ensure that warehouse management is effective and efficient
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and Supply Chain Management or equivalent
MBA will be an added advantage.
Supply Chain Board Registration added advantage
- Previous Supply Chain experience of not less than 10 years.
- Mining Industry experience will be an added advantage.
- 5 years’ experience in leadership role.
- 5 years’ experience in a remote site environment will be an advantage.
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Leadership skills
- Clear and effective communication skills in written and spoken English
- Knowledge in Inventory cum systems and procedures
- Strong organizational, analytical and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Computer literate in MS Office Suite and Pronto.
- Strong desire to coach, train and develop people.
- Time management, scheduling and planning.
- Analysis and interpretation of data and troubleshooting
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses, benefits, and where applicable.
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues are endless.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants are invited to submit their CV’s/Resume’s, careful read application guidelines
Rename your CV in this format CV – YOUR FULL NAME
Indicating the role title “Supply and Commercial Manager“ in the subject of your email
Send your application via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not contacted by Barrick – Bulyanhulu Gold Mine LTD within thirty (30) days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful. Short listed candidates may be subjected to any of the following: security clearance; competency assessment; physical capability assessment, reference checking.
Please forward applications before 25th June 2021.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! BGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Compliance Hotline, by calling Toll-Free Number +1-877-246-5399 or through http://www.barrickgold.ethispoint.com