Do you have a promising idea to connect the unconnected and close the digital divide? If yes, then apply for this Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge!
Generation Connect aims to engage youth globally and encourage their participation as equal partners alongside the leaders of today’s digital change, empowering young people with the skills and opportunities to advance their vision of a connected future. Young voices in the international digital development dialogue should be amplified as they all push to connect the unconnected and bridge the youth digital divide.
This challenge also exemplifies ITU’s long-term commitment to provide youth with platforms to participate in ITU’s initiatives.Internet connection provides opportunities for young people to access education, quality health care and other necessities.
Generation Connect, ITU’s youth strategy initiative, aims to improve the lives of young people around the world and ensure meaningful participation of youth as key stakeholders in ITU’s implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Applicant’s video pitch must fit to one of the following categories/topics:
- Brings digital skills to society.
- Offers solutions that promote online safety and security.
- Empowers people with specific needs; including indigenous peoples, people in rural areas, persons with disabilities, and youth and children.
Climate change and environment
- Helps countries mitigate and adapt to the effects of climate change.
- Enhances disaster risk reduction and improves national emergency telecommunications and early warning and monitoring systems.
- Enhances citizens’ lives, promoting smart living and improving public service availability.
Regulatory and enabling environment
- Enables collaboration for a sound policy, legal and regulatory environment for digital development.
Technology and network development
- Enables reliable ICT infrastructure and services for all.
Data and indicators
- Facilitates evidence-based data collection and analysis to measure the information society and promote informed decision making.
- The top 10 winning submissions will be featured at the Generation Connect Youth Summit.
- Their creators will also be invited to participate virtually in the event and join the Generation Connect virtual community.
- Standout ideas to be featured on “International Youth Day” during The Road to Addis
- The Generation Connect Video Pitch Challenge seeks promising and meaningful ideas to connect the unconnected to close the digital divide, highlighting the importance of youth involvement.
- Young ICT enthusiasts aged between 18 to 30 years are eligible to participate in this challenge.
- Participants must share their ideas through a story on how ITU can achieve its goals to connect the unconnected and close the digital divide.
- This story must be conveyed through a video recording no longer than one minute.
For more information, visit https://cocreate.itu.int/hubbub/communitypage/120116