Communications and Brand Visibility Intern – Tanzania
Position: Communications and Brand Visibility Intern – Tanzania
Salary: Paid TZS 550,000 monthly allowance
About the Programme.
The 2021 Generation Equality Forum (GEF) will be a global advocacy gathering in Mexico City and Paris, launching ambitious new commitments on gender equality to galvanize the Beijing+25 Process. Young feminists are at the frontline of shaping gender rights and equality today. With this in mind, Restless Development will be delivering an intergenerational feminist advocacy e-learning course (with some in-person workshops in Tanzania) focused on the GEF. The Youth Program Officer will support the ideation, youth consultation, co-creation and delivery of an interactive online course as part of a global program team spanning India, USA and Tanzania. She/he will attend the GEF online as a Restless Development representative, supporting the agency’s engagement in Action Coalitions and related advocacy platforms while working closely with the Program Coordinator in Tanzania. This program is specifically to support youth engagement at the GEF and is a time-bound program with an estimated end date of September 31st, 2021.
About the Role.
Restless Development in Tanzania has been operating for over 25 years working across 18 regions including rural and urban areas. Our vision is young people taking the lead in addressing the most urgent issues facing their countries and the world, supported fully by their governments, their communities, businesses and civil society institutions.
We are looking for an innovative person with the right communication skills to join our team in an exciting role, which will push you to take the lead in developing our internal and external communications with key stakeholders, the media and staff.
You will be a highly creative and self-motivated individual with strong organizational skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Swahili. We are looking for someone with strong ICT skills, experience with content creation for multiple communication platforms including social media, and open to learning about new technology and communication tools. Experience in photography and videography would be an added advantage.
Skills and Experience.
Restless Development invites applications from candidates who are able to demonstrate the following skills, knowledge and experience:
- Demonstrated experience managing and using social media – FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, WordPress, Google Apps, Zoom
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and innovative with regards to content creation
- Good skills in photography, video recording, and using Microsoft Office
- Fluent in English and Swahili, written and spoken
- Good organisation, time management, coordination skills, proven ability to meet deadlines and experience working with diverse communities and stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in using online learning platforms for personal development
- University or College Graduate (Degree, or Advanced Diploma) preferably in an area relevant to communications (candidates that don’t meet this criterion can apply but need to prove competence in essential skills)
- Knowledge of graphic design programme(s), such as Indesign or Canva.
- Knowledge of using social media analytics to develop reports
- Ability or willingness to learn how to manage databases
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM HERE!
How to apply.
Please send a completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Internship Application: Communications and Brand Visibility Intern ’by Midnight on Sunday 30th May, 2021.
Please note that we do not accept CVs, resumes or covering letters. First round interviews are scheduled to take place week on Tuesday 8th June and second Interviews on Thursday 10th June.
Only successful candidates will be notified. Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and encourages people from diverse backgrounds to apply.