Senior Bid Writer Africa
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
Who we are
Seedstars is an organisation headquartered in Switzerland with operations in emerging markets. By connecting key stakeholders, transferring knowledge, supporting the development of innovative solutions and investing and/or building companies, the group’s goal is to improve people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship.
About the Global Partnership Management Squad
This role is an initiative from and managed by the Global Partnership Management (GPM) squad which drives and supports partnerships efforts for Seedstars. The GPM squad works closely with the different regional and local squads. The team develops strategy, launches action plans and forges relationships with key stakeholders to grow the organization’s revenue and impact by providing the required funds to develop ventures.
About the job
As a Senior Bid Writer for Seedstars you will play a key role in writing complex bid proposals in collaboration with the sales team. Your main duty will be to compile the end-to-end application for proposals. This role can be done remotely.
- Put together technical and financial proposals as well as the staffing plan and administrative documents required by the organisation issuing the bid
- Coordinate with subject matter experts to develop accurate proposals
- Create compliance matrices and ensure proposals are compliant
- Review and copy-edit proposals
- Develop compelling visuals, best practices, and templates to scale up the bid writing process
- Your profile
- You embody the following Seedstars
- In experiments we trust: you are extremely data-driven
- Out of the comfort zone: you have an entrepreneurial mindset, and can thrive in a fast-paced environment where things are not fully defined
- Independently together: you can work well alone but are also an amazing team player.
- Keep it Swiss: you have excellent writing skills and are extremely detail-oriented.
- Get sh*t done: you have a strong worth ethic, meaning you are motivated, trustworthy and take initiative and possess an unbounded intellectual curiosity that you channel toward driving impact for the organization
- 5+ years of experience writing and coordinating proposals for similar professional service areas preferably with capacity building & financing (program & investment)
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, strong organizational skills, and attention to detail is a must
- Ability to confidently and effectively work and communicate across departments
- Ability to lead multiple projects concurrently under tight deadlines
- Strong business judgment with a knack and track record of giving clear, succinct answers to complex problems for clients
- Experience turning data into high quality sales proposals
- Specific proposal and/or business development training and/or certifications are nice to have
Why our team members say they love working with us?
- We are on a mission which is bigger than all of us: to impact people’s lives in emerging markets
- You get many growth opportunities and responsibilities early on
- You work in an entrepreneurial culture where you’re surrounded by a young and diverse team
- We offer autonomy and flexibility with a flat hierarchy and a strong belief that responsible people should have the freedom to do their work when and how they want
- We were awarded as one of the most democratic workplaces in the world due to our freedom centered practices
We are an equal opportunity employer with a diverse mix of nationalities and backgrounds represented in our company. We truly value diversity and believe that the cultural landscape of our organization should reflect the types of work that we engage in and the places that we do it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and strongly encourage applicants from historically underrepresented groups to apply to all of our roles at Seedstars.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!