INVESTMENT SPECIALISTPosition: Investment Specialist
JOB PURPOSE DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The ideal candidate will have a successful track record of closing and supervising transactions, including in our developing markets, typically as a banker or developer, and ideally with both debt and equity experience. Furthermore, specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the origination of a pipeline of our projects and screening investment opportunities at Mr Kuku Farmers Limited targets, through client outreach, marketing and deals screening.
- Undertake and manage the necessary due diligence, financial modeling, risk analysis and mitigation in the structuring of our customers Investment, equity investments, guarantees, Business-loans or other forms of ADB assistance.
- Support or lead the internal approvals process including interface with credit, safeguards, integrity, legal and other teams as well as management and the Board.
- With the support of internal and external counsel, ensure for all deals that appropriate legal documentation is successfully concluded in line with approvals and that financial close (i.e., first disbursement) is achieved in a timely fashion.
- Assume primary account responsibility for a number of significant individual accounts, ensuring compliance with transaction documents, covenants and reporting requirements, applicable policies and procedures and development effectiveness reporting.
- Raise key issues and apply proper risk management in projects
- Provide project administration staff with guidance and functional support to ensure timely implementation and performance reporting, timely fielding of review missions, etc.
- Prepare, review or approve covenant compliance reports, waivers and amendments, annual reviews, ratings, valuation reports, exit proposals and other documents submitted by project administration staff in connection with primary or secondary account relationships, such as fee payments, repayments, receipt of income or dividends from equity investment.
- Perform the role of a director on the board of Mr kuku farmer’s companies representing our interest in accordance with the principles of sound corporate governance, as assigned
- Plan, support and execute equity divestments. Undertake the comparison of exit alternatives and execution of approved exit options, which include sell down, hedging, and other exit management measures
- Facilitate or lead active relationships with commercial lenders and other financial partners and customers in the region and beyond as well as with developers, investors and governments.
- Assess and structure transactions to maximize the potential for commercial co-financing and catalysing of additional sources of capital.
- The Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD) supports the private sector by extending investment capital to financial institutions, corporates and financial intermediaries throughout developing Africa and the world.
- We seek financially savvy and highly motivated investment professionals with commercial/investment banking or corporate investment experience to join our team of dynamic project leaders and innovators.
Policy and Project Evaluation
- Provide input and comments on project, policy and other papers related to private sector operations and development across a range of key themes and sectors.
- Knowledge Sharing
- Maintain and share knowledge (inside and outsideMr Kuku Farmers Limited) on lessons learned from private sector operations and emerging best practices in areas of expertise.
- Participate in and contribute to activities for advocacy, dissemination and knowledge building relating to Mr Kuku Farmers Limited’s integrity, governance and safeguard policies.
- Strategy and Planning
- · Participate in Mr Kuku Farmers Limited teams for planning and programming purposes, particularly with respect to Our targets and priorities.
- Provide leadership and support to reporting staff.
- Supervise the performance of reporting staff, providing clear direction and regular monitoring and feedback on performance.
- Ensure the on-going learning and development of reporting staff.
· Master’s degree, or equivalent, in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields; or University degree in Business Administration, Finance, or related fields combined with a specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in financing of private sector projects, including hands-on experience in originating loans, guarantees and/or equity transactions, managing due diligence, financial modeling, mitigating credit and other risks, negotiating term sheets and finance documentation and related project/corporate finance activities.
- Specific and relevant experience in emerging market financing and investments, preferably in Africa, Asia and the Gulf.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Swahili, Arabic and French
- International experience working in developing countries, preferably in Africa, Asia, gulf and the Pacific.
Supervisor: DirectorThe following staff positions may be supervised by the incumbent:
Administrative Staff, National StaffWe encourage diversity in our workplace and support an inclusive work environment. Women and Youngster are especially encouraged to apply.
Send only CVS’s via email: Info@mrkuku.org
Deadline: 15th June,2021
Shortlisted will be contacted in a week after application deadline.