Research Assistant, HP+ TanzaniaTanzania, United Republic of | req11280
Position: Research Assistant, HP+ Tanzania
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Health Policy Plus (HP+) is a USAID-funded five-year $185 million project awarded on August 28, 2015. HP+ has a mandate across global, country, and subnational levels to strengthen and advance health policy priorities in family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH), HIV, and maternal health. It aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems through policy development and implementation, with an emphasis on voluntary, rights-based health programs, and by strengthening in-country partners’ capacity to navigate complex environments for effective policy design, implementation, and financing aligned to their priorities. We carry forward proven approaches to preserve achievements. These approaches inform how we manage programs and engage with stakeholders, and tools and techniques improve decision making and the achievement of predetermined goals.
Objectives of the Activity.
HP+ is looking for a research assistant who will support data analysis for LGA FP budget analysis for 2020/21. The objective of the analysis is really to assess and analyses allocation data for maternal health and FP services at LGAs level in their CCHPs; Assess and analyses sources of funds for FP intervention in LGAs, compare budget for FP activities in the CCHP and the FP DAPs developed during dissemination of CIP II.
Scope of work of the Research Assistant
With guidance from HP+ team the research assistant will review 2020/21 approved FP activities of 185 councils and help respond to the following
- The extent to which councils were able to align with district action plans (DAPs) that were developed and submitted during the CIP subnational dissemination.
- The extent to which 2020/21 approved FP activities aligns with the NFPCIP strategic priority areas.
- To understand coverage per thematic area
The following are expected deliverables for this analysis.
To review all FP activities extracted from Plan rep and align with different CIP priority areas.
Ro review all FP activities extracted from Plan Rep and Align with CIP thematic Areas.To review all Family Planning activities per each Districts/ council and compare with the Activities on DAP (Districts Action Plan) developed during FP dissemination. This Include
- Provide Specific number of Activities aligned with DAP Activities e.g., out of 5 activities 2 aligned/ not aligned with DAP.
- Provide short Summary report on types of FP Activities at each Districts council.
- Produce summary reports of the findings.
Qualification of the research assistant:
- Based in Dar es Salaam
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in social work, public health, or other research – related fields.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Family planning programming work in Tanzania.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and in a team.
- Demonstrated understanding of NFPCIP 2019-2023
- Good presentation and analytical Skills
- Understanding of plan rep and CCHP would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and meet the tight deadlines.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.