Sales Executive (Various locations)
Job Title: Area Sales Executive (ASE) – Serengeti Breweries Limited
Type of Role (permanent / temporary and timing): Fixed term
Reports To: Territory manager
Serengeti Breweries Limited (SBL) is a fully integrated beverage business in Diageo Africa (supply and demand for beer and spirits).
SBL flagship brand is Serengeti Premium Lager. Other brands in the portfolio include Tusker Lager, Guinness, Kibo Gold, Pilsner and Senator. Headquartered in Dar es Salaam, SBL is also the distributor of several global Diageo international renowned spirits brands such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Gordon’s, Bailey’s and Captain Morgan.
Purpose and scope of the role
The area Sales Executive will manage an assigned geographical area which may include towns/villages and several distributor territories in terms of achieving the primary and secondary sales targets/ distribution and other Key Performance Indicators. Lead and motivate Area Distributors, VSM’s and their staff in his/her assigned area to achieve the planned volume, market share, NSV and NR targets
Top 3-5 Accountabilities
Coaching & Accompaniment of VSM’s – ASE are responsible for coaching as part of Diageo’s toolkit.
Area Distributor Primary and Secondary Sales Performance Management ASE is responsible for Secondary sales management through stockiest and retail. On primary he/she will be working with Distributor manager to drive primary sales plan that was agreed with Distributor. Responsible for management and execution in Top 10-15 outlets including stockiest. He/she takes orders and passes them to VSM or distributor and ensures delivery. Adhere to own journey plan of stockiest, top outlets.
From time to time ASE will be representing Distribution Manager to communicate with Distributor. On secondary sales, ASE have two fronts; communicating with Distributor on secondary sales initiatives, training and driving of VSMs on sales Force effectiveness to achieve targets. Secondary sales initiatives includes but not limited to agreeing secondary sales initiatives with Customer Marketing and managing those secondary sales initiatives. Some of the secondary sales initiatives include 3-wheeler project, stockiest incentive etc.
Account Development: He/she will be responsible for joint activities that are done between Top outlets and SBL to increase sale and market share. These may include;
- Outlet execution for certain sales drivers to pull consumer towards certain brands/category i.e., Outlet visibility, price initiatives, consumer offers/promotions etc.
- Innovation drive to push for innovation brand
- Price compliance and availability
- POS and visibility; cooler execution
- Listing of new sku’s and new brands
- Drive sales and inform distributor of empties, OOS etc.
- Collect competitive intelligence
- Execute nationally coordinated activations in outlet
- Distributor Health and Profitability – She/he is responsible for growing his/her distributor by being a logistic provider to a strategic partner with SBL. Measures shall be distributor operation are improving in quality in terms of ordering, receiving and distribution of stock, efficient in secondary distribution in terms of trucks, routes and staff capability, and automation of distributor operations. He will be working with Distributor Manager to make sure the distributor remains profitable throughout. He will also make sure SBL operates in an efficient way with distributor on making sure our investments with distributor have a healthy return on investment. He/she will be responsible on highlighting red flags whenever distributor operations and performance are jeopardizing SBL objectives.
Qualifications and experience required
Must have at least college graduate (Diploma and above) with mathematical and analytical skills, preferably business administration.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES: Must be excellent in interpersonal communication, self-initiator, must be able to work with low supervision, must have an analytical mind and ambitious to reach high targets, must be able to take business related initiatives to produce positive business results. Must always be wearing clean and presentable branded clothing, must be shaved and showered every day as he is representing SBL in front of the distributors, retail customers and consumers.
2 years relevant experience
SKILL SET: Must have salesmanship skills, communication skills, presentation skills, negotiation skills, basic calculation and mobile device using skills, must be able to drive vehicles in an excellent manner
Worker Type : Fixed Term Contract (Fixed Term)
Primary Location: Mwanza