GRADUATE TRAINEE – FIELD MERCHANDISER Sales
DAR ES SALAAM-HAILE SELASSIE RD(TZA)
- The Field Merchandiser is in charge of several shops and will work in conjunction with the Network Sales Teams, and the Category Manager. He/She optimizes sales and margins for each shop thanks to actions on products, merchandising, promotion and prices.
- He/she is in charge of the installation of SFS concepts (Shops, Products Order, Meal Service, Maintenance)
- He/she is responsible for the implementation of Product Offer, Merchandising Plans in the shop (defined by Category manager of SFS Manager). He must ensure the follow-up of these actions in shops
- He/she is responsible for the implementation of communication tools, highlighting products, promotions in shop.
- He/she must follow figures within his perimeter of stations: turnover, margin, stocks, shrinkage, prices…
- He/she must forwards information to SFS Manager and to Territory Managers about anomalies in shops and implements remedial actions and about potential changes in shop.
- He/she analyzes the competition and the stations’ trading areas so as to be able to locally optimize the SFS offerings (range, merchandising, promotion…)
- He/she optimizes with Station Managers and Territory Managers the management of stocks in the shops
- He/she complies with HSEQ rules and regulations (e.g. respecting hygiene procedures, the cold chain etc.)
Context and environment
The SFS revenue is becoming a major lever for improving the Network’s results.
Highly competitive environment
Frequent travel to stations countrywide
Acquisition of GAPCO by TOTAL: need to reinforce SFS team
- Bachelors Degree (minimum)
- Good knowledge of the Network or experience in distribution of FMCG in supermarkets.
- Autonomy, feeling for organization, training skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to see the overall picture. Concern for economic performance.
- Basic level business acumen
Offer ID 41663BR
Region, department, area Tanzania
Employment type Fixed term position
Experience level required Less than 3 years
Employer company TOTAL TANZANIA LTD
Branch Marketing & Services
About us / company profile
Give your best to better energy and make the commitment with Total. With over 500-plus professions in 130 countries, we offer high safety and environmental standards, strong ethical values, an innovation culture and wide-ranging career development. Be part of the global team whose mission is already shared by 100,000 employees: to make energy better each and every day.