Decision Support Lead – Manufacturing
Dar es Salaam
From Arthur Guinness to Johnnie Walker, our business was founded on people of great character, and in 250 years, nothing’s changed. We’re the world’s leading premium alcohol company. Our brands are industry icons. And our success is thanks to the strength of our people, in every role. It’s why we trust them with our legacy. And it’s why we reward them with the career-defining opportunities that they deserve.
Our ambition is to create the best performing, most trusted and respected Consumer Products Company in the world. To achieve these, we need the world’s very best people.
Serengeti Breweries (SBL), subsidiary of Diageo, has three breweries in Dar, Moshi and Mwanza where it produces leading local brands such as Serengeti Premium Lager, Serengeti Premium Lite, Pilsner and Guinness as well as importing Diageo’s world-renowned spirits brands including Smirnoff vodka, Johnnie Walker whisky and Baileys
Purpose of Role:
The position holder (Decision Support-Manufacturing) will be responsible to provide a dedicated management accounting and performance measurement service to the operations and logistics team involved in the manufacturing of beer and spirits. The supply business comprise of the operations and logistics, and each area has key controls that are necessary to mitigate against financial loss while providing financial visibility on packaging, brewing processes for both beer and spirits.
- Coordinating the monthly and annual stock counts across all stock categories. Ensure that all Stock variances are fully explained.
- Ensure that all Raw Materials and components used in the month are issued to the process orders within the month.
- Ensure that the monthly stock variances are approved in line with SOA
- Ensure at all times stock accounts are fully reconciled to the GL and Physical Stocks on the monthly basis.
- Oversee the controls around beer and Empties processes.
- Ensure that adequate controls are maintained on the compliance issues.
- Monitor the status of Stock obsolescence to ensure adequate provision is maintained.
- Ensure monthly cost centre reviews and Materials spend analysis are happening and all actions are closed timely.
- Work with manufacturing accountants of other sites to ensure standardization and alignment of processes.
- Ensuring input-output assessments is performed on monthly basis and any discrepancies are resolved timely
- Work with SSC teams to ensure production processes are compliant controls framework and with reporting and tax related requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Qualified accountant CPA(T)/ACCA/ACMA
- Bachelor degree i.e. Bcom or business related degree
- Sound people management skills, including the ability to motivate and challenge a team to deliver results.
Knowledge of all aspects of a finance function, including financial accounting and statutory reporting requirements.
Extensive knowledge of Excel
At least 3 years experience in FMCG
Knowledge on SAP will be added advantage.Worker Type :Regular
Primary Location: Dar es Salaam
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!