Organization: Association of Tanzania Oil and Gas Service Providers (ATOGS)Executive Director
Job Title: Executive Director
Reports to: The Board
Salary Band: Competitive
- Provide progressive visionary leadership of the association in line with the needs of the association.
- Uphold and promote the values of the association in line with creating value of the Association to its members and other stakeholders involved
- Overseeing day to day activities and functions of the association
- Formulate plans and strategies, for approval by the Board to provide services to the association and its members based on the core existence of the association
- Ensure that such plans and strategies are formulated and implemented to ensure long term sustainability of the association.
- Maintain an appropriate team-based structure for the management of the association and delivery of objectives
- Ensure that professional and business relationships with respective partners and stakeholders are handled in a manner consistent with the ATOGS strategy and with the aims and objectives of the ATOGS as approved by the Board
- Develop, implement and monitor the annual and medium-term plans for the association together with programs, activities and projects to meet objectives agreed with the Board
- Implement and maintain management policies and procedures that are compliant with the ATOGS constitution and other relevant regulatory bodies.
- Lead the effective engagement of association members and other stakeholders at all levels, including monitoring the service quality and experience rendered to the members and other stakeholders
- Lead in resource mobilization strategies including fundraising programs and activities for the association
- Engagement and interact with Government; it’s Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDA’s)
Communication and Information
Provide progressive updates to the Board on the set plans and strategies
Advocacy of the ATOGS with East Africa and the World at large
Handling media issues that concern the ATOGS
Accountable and responsible for effective financial management, planning and monitoring
Ensure compliance with all legal and professional requirements in relation to the financial management of the ATOGS
Staff, Management, and Resources
- Drive the association and development of people policies for the ATOGS, including maintenance and development of policies on recruitment, deployment, performance, training, development and all employment law statutes;
- Ensure that the skills and experience of the ATOG’s employees are consistent with its overall objectives and are providing quality services and experience to its members and stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate workload measurement and performance management systems are implemented and maintained.
- Establish clear structures and succession plans aligned with appropriate responsibilities, accountabilities and personal development for all staff in line with anticipated growth
Always ensure that the association is compliant to relevant regulatory bodies and authorities
Education, Skills, and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in business or related field.
- Any professional Certification in management, leadership and customer experience is an added advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills at all levels including presenting information at board of director level
- Demonstrable influencing skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Excellent leadership and diplomatic skills
- Demonstrate strong Emotional Intelligence attitude
- Analytic strategic thinking/problem solving
- Effective management of financial resources and human resources
- High fundraising abilities
- Ability to work with media, Ministries, and related institutions and Donors
- Strong public relations, marketing, and fundraising abilities
- Can demonstrate senior leadership experience with a significant track record of success 10- 15 years.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal merit and performance at a senior level
- Demonstrate a capacity to lead and develop initiatives within a strategic framework
- Chairing and managing high level internal and external meetings
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidate should submit their CVs and Cover Letters to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 13th Of May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.