Job Title: Sourcing Intern
Tradin Organic is the global front runner in organic ingredients. We offer a full service portfolio based on our unique sourcing, sustainability initiatives and processing & distribution capabilities. We offer a wide range of products from frozen fruit and vegetables, dried fruits, coffee, cocoa, cereals, rice, sugar, soya, pulses, seeds, nuts, oils, fats, fruit concentrates, dairy products, seasonings, sweeteners and more.
Every day we continuously strive to introduce new products into the market in order to meet the happiness of our customers. We are a part of Amsterdam Commodities N.V. (Acomo) with headquarters in Rotterdam. Acomo is an international listed company active in the worldwide sourcing, processing, trading, packaging and distribution of natural food products and ingredients. The company is listed at the Amsterdam Stock Exchange (Euronext: ACOMO).
For our sourcing project in Tanzania, starting from June 2021, we are looking for a
Since 2019, Tradin Organic is working with a local partner on organic chia production and export from Tanzania for our markets in EU and US. The popularity for this chia is growing and so are the requirements for this product from the intended markets. During this internship you will be working closely with our partner on these requirements and many other things in preparation for the main season in July to September. You will work closely together with the sourcing manager in East Africa and with the sourcing team in Amsterdam.
The internship will preferably start in June 2021 and the envisaged total duration of the internship is 5/6 months.
Your tasks, responsibilities and objectives
- Facilitate business communication between the local partner and Tradin
- Monitoring of the stock
- Support logistical processes and administration
- Support the expansion of the organic certification.
- Preparing, facilitation the audit and completing one main social standard
- Supporting preparations towards financing of the main seasons crop
- Completing various sustainability- and marketing related material
- Working closely with the Tradin commercial desk in Amsterdam and US on additional requests from the market
For this challenging internship you are required to have
- Currently studying for a Bachelor or a Master degree in a food business, agribusiness/ operations management or food technology related field.
- Fulltime (40 hours) availability as per June 2021
- Field experience in low-income countries, preferably in Africa, is a strong asset
- Knowledge of organic- and food safety certifications is a strong asset
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills
- Detail-oriented and structured work approach
- Ability to adapt and work independently in a challenging working environment
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in Swahili is a strong plus
- Enrolled at a higher education institution
The conditions of employment we offer
- A full-time internship contract (40 hours per week) for a period of at least 28 weeks
- A proper internship allowance
- Round-trip to Tanzania and costs for boarding
- A challenging role within a growing international business environment, surrounded by a young and enthusiastic team
- Good working conditions and a pleasant and dynamic work environment
- A company culture of team spirit, can-do attitude, informal atmosphere and professionalism
- Unique experience
Interested in this challenging internship? Apply via the button below!