WeBloomVoices is unearthing the rich narratives of female entrepreneurship in Africa and is looking for 6 African journalists.
- They believe in gender equity in workplace as well as increasing women’s access to capital. WeBloom’s intent to promote gender equity in Africa is achieved through:
- Creating a multi-stakeholder network of impact investors and ecosystem builders which leverages gender-lens investing to promote the establishment of equitable and sustainable innovation ecosystems in Africa.
- Collaborating with African innovation hubs to co-design female targeted entrepreneurial programs and build a pipeline of investable women-led African enterprises,
- Convening impact investors around workshops which connect them to African innovation hubs and sensitise them about opportunities in adopting a localised gender-lens while investing in Africa,
- Facilitating investments in African women-owned or -led enterprises,
- Facilitating investments in African enterprises that promote workplace equity (in staffing, management, boardroom representation, and along their supply chains)
- Supporting these enterprises with Sustainable Business Model development and institutional pairing.
- Receive training on business reporting, working with sources, how to search for trusted information and story pitching
- Deepen your knowledge of African enterprises and gender disparities within the innovation and entrepreneurship sector more broadly
- Be exposed to expert speakers and gain relevant networks
- Gain access to story ideas and editorial advice
- Share your own expertise with other participants;
If you’re a journalist passionate about gender equality and entrepreneurship, then WeBloom wants to hear from you! You must:
- Be aged 18-35
- Have a degree in Journalism or an equivalent field
- Be a native speaker of English or be able to speak and write in English
- Have demonstrable experience in journalistic writing (print or online media) + experience in daily reporting.
- Be available to work with WeBloom for a duration of 6 months and produce at least 4 article each month.
- Attend and actively participate in fortnightly feedback online meetings with the WeBloom chief editor and other selected journalists.
- Complete a monthly monitoring and evaluation survey
For more information, visit https://www.webloomafrica.com/webloomvoices