AWID is accepting applications for its Feminist Journalists Program to build deep and meaningful relationships with journalists who are interested in reporting on feminist and social justice issues.
AWID is a global, feminist, membership, movement-support organization working to achieve gender justice and women’s human rights worldwide.
In this pilot project they are aiming to create a cohort of 15 journalists who are interested in reporting about the ways in which feminists resist oppression, whilst co-creating a more just world.
They will specifically work to meet the following goals:
- Build relationships amongst journalists and activists interested in Co-Creating Feminist Realities – the models and solutions that activists are creating – as well as highlighting the ways in which activists resist systemic oppression.
- Provide networking and learning opportunities for journalists.
- Strengthen relationships between journalists and feminist activists from around the world.
- AWID intends to launch this project in May 2021.
- It will consist of 6 online sessions, which will last through to May 2022.
- Participants in the project will be provided with honorariums of US$15,000 which will be paid in two tranches.
- Participants may use these honorariums as they wish, to support their living and reporting expenses.
- The editorial independence of journalists will be held as sacrosanct and there is no expectation that particular stories will be written by participants in this project.
- AWID’s Feminist Journalist project will prioritize participants who represent our priority constituencies which includes trans people, Black feminists, women with disabilities, sex workers, and indigenous feminist.
- They specifically encourage applications from journalists who originate and are located in the Global South.
For more information, visit https://secure.awid.org/en/node/748