Nominations are now open for the 2021 African ChangeMakers Initiative Awards (#ACiAwards2021) to identify and celebrate excellence, leadership, entrepreneurial ingenuity of social entrepreneurs, businesses, technologist, and social innovators in individuals, programs, teams, groups, or organizations across Africa and the world.
African ChangeMakers Initiative identifies people or organizations turning problems into solutions on a large scale, defender of humanity, peace & freedom, and planet protection. ACI Awards honors dedicated life works, careers, impacting businesses, philanthropic, educationist, social or civic servant, and other deserving causes in Africa.
#ACiAwards2021 will be recognizing incredible leadership and dedication of changemakers who are building a better solution and community for the people of Africa and the continent.
Awardees will be honored during African ChangeMakers Leadership Summit (#ACLeads2021) event.
African ChangeMakers Initiative is using the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a guide for ACiAwards for people and organizations to easily identify with an award category(s) they can relate with as their field of work or sector.
ACiAwards Group A
- African ChangeMakers Rising Star Award: Emerging Leader pursuing careers with a portfolio or doing extraordinary things related to tech innovation, social innovation, design thinking, and changemaking.
- African ChangeMakers Courage Awards: Emerging Leader – that choose to make education a priority while facing life challenging events, such as homelessness, heartache, financial hardship, family turmoil, illness, substance abuse and physical disabilities.
Awards Group B
- African ChangeMakers Agricultural Award
- African ChangeMakers Health & Wellness Award
- African ChangeMakers Innovative Education Award – quality education, accessibility, affordability.
- African ChangeMakers Environmental & Climate Award -climate, water, land
- African ChangeMakers Industry & Infrastructure Award
- African ChangeMakers Humanity, Peace & Civil Rights Defender Award
- African ChangeMakers Women Advancement Award – reduce inequalities, domestic violence, education etc.
- African ChangeMakers Clean & Renewable Energy Award- reduce, reuse, recycle, consumption and production – Innovative & Digital Cities
- African ChangeMakers Partnership & Community Development Award – diaspora, friends of Africa, country for Africa, company for Africa
- African ChangeMakers Governance Leadership – Strong Institution & Policymakers Award- public figures for their significant contributions to the country and its communities
- African ChangeMakers Future of Work & Employment Award- workforce, employment
- African ChangeMakers Creative Arts & Entertainment Award
- African ChangeMakers Tech & Innovation Award
- African ChangeMakers Diversity & Inclusiveness Award
Awards Group C
- African ChangeMakers Men/Women of the Year Awards
- African ChangeMakers Lifetime Leader Award
- Nominee must have a company/project/initiative you had been working on/working with impact that can be verified.
- Nominee company/project/initiative must be beneficary to Africa people or the African continent.
- Nominee will make a 60 seconds (one minute) video of themselves telling them the following in the video – Nominee Full Name, Country name, name of your company/project/initiative, impact it had in the community or across Africa, why nominee deserve the award and why you are Africa Changemaker.
- Rules and Regulations
- #ACiAwards2021 is an online application and e-voting system process thereby enabling all African nations to send in nominations across the world.
- #ACiAwards2021 will be presented by sponsors, partners and selected awards officials.
- Winners will be notified ahead of #ACLeads2021 event to make a 60 seconds (one minute) award acceptance speech with the Full Name, Country name, name of the company/project/initiative and what the new ACiAwards means to winner, the organization or initiative.
- Award Recipients outside Nigeria will be given E-plaques, e-Badge and e-certificates which can be printed out and framed for display.
- Award Recipients in Nigeria will be given a plaque and e-Badge.
- ACi will also recognize some high-level organizations/individuals in some categories for the well-known impact they are making.
For more information, visit https://www.judgify.me/aciawards