Location: Tanzania (Any)Overview
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries….
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below….
Associate Director, SBC and Community Health – Tanzania
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Associate Director, SBC and Community Health for the anticipated multiyear USAID Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program For Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child And Adolescent Health (C3hp- Rmncah) in Tanzania. This upcoming health office activity will be designed to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in target regions, particularly among women of reproductive age, youth and children, by improving access to quality RMNCAH services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for RMNCAH service delivery.
**This position is subject to project award and funding.
Job summary / Responsibilities:
The Associate Director, SBC and Community Health will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the C3hp-Rmncah office in Dar es Salaam. Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Associate Director, SBC and Community Health will lead and manage coordination, mentorship, and implementation of community-based engagement and SBC activities and ensuring linkages between SBC and service delivery activities across national consortium partners and Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDEC) and PO-RALG partners. S/he will also monitor consortium partner supportive supervision quality and provide focused SBC and community engagement technical assistance as needed to MOHCDEC, PO-RALG, and consortium partner teams.
- Lead development of project’s SBC strategy and necessary formative research and ensure it supports the various service delivery components of the project.
- Oversee programmatic and technical aspects related to SBC activities ensuring SBC efforts are evidence-based, community-driven and in line with provisions of the award.
- Support the C3hp-Rmncah activity to develop national consortium partner and government capacity to implement, oversee, monitor, and evaluate SBC and community health activities in all phases of the project and help develop, maintain, and follow the milestones set in the workplan for SBC and community health activities.
- Responsible for disseminating and providing technical assistance for best practices in community-based reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health and general preventive care to government and community-based organization partners.
- Responsible for participating in policy and strategy consultations for community-based care through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel and through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Coordinate national community health and SBC stakeholder efforts and provide technical assistance for the development and review of SBC communication, advocacy and ICT strategies, tools and technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, operations and mentorship plans, strategic documents, job aids) in collaboration with key stakeholders to support meeting C3hp-Rmncah project objectives.
- Ensure high level technical assistance is provided to public sector partners and work with MOHCDEC and PO-RALG partners to develop/revise relevant community health implementation and mentorship strategies, integrate evidence-based practices, and participate in capacity development of BPHS partners to conduct high quality field-based training, implementation, and supportive supervision.
- Lead and, with MERL colleagues, ensure key SBC indicators are included in the project’s AMELP and are tracked routinely, giving guidance on M&E for SBC, supporting improved used of data for decision-making.
- Collaborate with other technical specialists and stakeholders beyond the project to ensure coordination of materials and community health and communication strategies and avoid gaps and overlaps.
- Provide the needed field support to ensure community health and SBC activities are implemented with quality and fidelity by grantees.
- Ensure harmonization with central, zonal and regional government partners for community health and SBC activities and track assignment completion and hand-over of responsibility as capacity is built.
- Work closely with private sector actors and professional organizations to engage them in SBC and community health activities anticipated by the project.
- Coach, mentor and supervise the project team to build partners and subcontractor capacity in the areas of community health and SBC implementation to ensure quality, efficient and quality delivery of SBC activities.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationship with R/CHMTs and all collaborating agencies
- Work closely with other clinical teams of the C3hp-Rmncah project to ensure integration of SBC materials and messages and community-based interventions across project activities/results areas/components .
- Carry out other technical (i.e. field operational plan and oversight for community-based service implementation, identification of channels, adaption of messages, etc.) program or senior managerial tasks as assigned by the Deputy Chief of Party or Technical Director.
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor’s required; however a Master’s degree in health communications, public health, social sciences, international development, public policy, or a related field strongly preferred;
- 8+ years of experience in relevant field.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in a program supervisory or management position.
- Experience in designing and implementing in projects that include strong community-level health or SBC component is required.
- Experience in providing technical assistance to project/government staff working on community-based health or SBC projects desired.
- Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Able to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Able to problem solve and develop and implement corrective action as needed.
- Familiarity with implementation science and application of program evidence to providing guided technical assistance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with SBC research and appropriate methodologies for behavior change program evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Swahili.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team unit.
How to Apply:
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself. Please click here to continue searching FHI 360’s Career Portal.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!
Don’t have a time to read?
Just Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Webvacancy) and enjoy it
You can also download our Mobile App (For Android) by name webvacancy
Or just click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app