TANZANIA NATIONAL ROADS AGENCY (TANROADS) is a Semi-Autonomous Agency under the Ministry of Works established on July 1, 2000 and is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Tanzania Mainland’s trunk and regional roads network. Its primary functions include the management of maintenance and development works, operations of the network and axle load control, the implementation of road safety and environmental measures, provision of advice on the strategic framework, policies and plans for the road sector.
The Regional Manager’s Office TANROADS – MARA, on behalf of the Chief Executive, TANROADS, is looking for suitably qualified Tanzania candidates for various vacant posts available for the project Rehabilitation and Upgrading of Musoma Airport; Contract NO. TRD/HQ/1023/2020/23 and Weighbridge Stations for the contract period of 24 Months. Applications are invited from suitable qualified and competent Tanzanians to apply for the following positions below…
WEIGHBRIDGE STATION POSTS:
POSITION TITLE: Weighbridge Operators (1 POST)
Key qualification for the Weighbridge Operator:
- Holder of full Technician Certificate or Ordinary Diploma in Civil; Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (FTC);
- Must be Computer literate (at least Advance Certificate in Computer Applications);
- Must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English Languages:
- Must be Tanzanian Citizen
- Not above 35years of Age.
Duties and Responsibilities of Weighbridge Operator.
The holder of this post who reports to Shift Incharge will be responsible for:
- Enforcing Road Traffic Axle Load Control by the use of weighbridge scale devices;
- Carrying out activities as described in the road Traffic (maximum weigh of Vehicles) Regulations, 2001 which include the following; Weighing motor vehicles gross vehicle weight (GVW) > 3.500kg plying on our public Roads.
- Imposing road damage fees on the spot for overloaded vehicles;
- Measuring physical dimensions of motor vehicle or any load being carried on the motor vehicle for providing advices to transporter for provision od relevant advice.
- Recording all necessary particulars regarding the motor vehicle being weighed;
- Observing good customer care, dignity and integrity;
- Reporting all matters of the respective shift in-charge;
- Performing other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Shift In-charge/ Regional Manager;
Mode of Application
All the interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to submit their signed application letters enclosing detailed signed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of relevant education, professional certificates,birth certificate together with names of three Referees and their contact addresses, telephone number (s) and e-mail addresses, so as to reach the addressee mentioned below not later than 5th May, 2021: time 4:30 pm.
Please apply to:
Musoma – Mara.Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submitting the application is 05th May, 2021
Don’t have a time to read?
Just Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Webvacancy) and enjoy it
You can also download our Mobile App (For Android) by name webvacancy
Or just click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app