Program Coordinator, Francophone
Job Category: Program Services
Requisition Number: PROGR01117
Posted: April 26, 2021
Watertown, MA, USA Washington, DC, USA
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso Ouagadougou, BFA
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo Kinshasa, COD
Nairobi, Kenya Nairobi, KEN
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania Dar es Salaam, TZA
Kampala, Uganda Kampala, UGA
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Addis Ababa, ETH
Cairo, Egypt Cairo, EGY
Lome, Togo Lome, TGO
Pathfinder International is driven by the conviction that all people, regardless of where they live, have the right to decide whether and when to have children, to exist free from fear and stigma, and to lead the lives they choose. Since 1957, we have partnered with local governments, communities, and health systems in developing countries to remove barriers to critical sexual and reproductive health services. Together, we expand access to contraception, promote healthy pregnancies, save women’s lives, and stop the spread of new HIV infections, wherever the need is most urgent. Our work ensures millions of women, men, and young people are able to choose their own paths forward.
Program Coordinator, Francophone – 2 openings
LOCATION: Watertown, MA, Washington DC, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, India, Kenya, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania, Togo, or Uganda
Provides administrative, coordination and technical support to a functional area. Assists the staff in their work to improve the quality and timeliness of routine programmatic data. Enters program or project data into the different databases, sources reference materials for staff and prepares reports, presentations and other technical and non-technical documents. Supports the functional area with hiring consultants, organizing meetings and arranging travel.
Key Job Outcomes:
- Program/Project Tools, Materials Maintenance and Updates: Works with staff to prepare manuals, documents, reports, presentations and other tools, and reviews and updates the materials. Helps staff source reference materials.
- Records Retention: Manages filing, storage and tracking of hardcopy and electronic content and support templates and ensures availability of current information on related subjects.
- Database Management, Collection and Analysis: Supports staff with developing and formatting instruments for data collection and presentation. Assists staff with maintaining and updating the global database, analysis and preparing quarterly reports for research and evaluation projects.
- Activities and Events Coordination and Scheduling: Coordinates all planning, bookings and logistics for activities and events, including the agenda, calendar, materials, registration with the participants and travel, both domestic and international, including lodging, transportation and meeting accommodations.
- Communications: Manages incoming and outgoing calls and electronic communications for the program or project.
- Processing, Filing and Auditing: Serves as primary responder to audits, performance indicators and evaluations. Sets up and maintains files and forms in compliance with legal guidelines. Processes invoices for the functional area for submission to Finance for payment. Participates in compliance audits.
- Subject Matter Expert. Acts as subject matter expert for the assigned program/project or functional area systems.
- Project Management and Participation: Leads, manages or participates on cross-functional project teams.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Recordkeeping: Foundational knowledge of organizing, filling and maintaining documents.
- Database Management, Data Entry and Reporting: Foundational knowledge of data entry and creation of reports. Ability to use and maintain databases. Ability to prepare reports to support projects.
- Travel, Meetings and Events Coordination: Ability to plan and coordinate activities, events, travel and meetings.
- Data and Materials Maintenance: Ability to review, update and finalize materials.
- Filing and Record Keeping: Ability to file documentation and maintain records according to policy and procedures.
- Data Collection: Ability to develop and format instruments for data collection for project or program according to prescribed procedures.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights Services: Foundational knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of assigned project and program.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health Services: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional
- Software Applications: Foundational skills using MS Office products, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Languages: Ability to speak and write English and French
- Customer Service: Proven customer service
- Organization, Planning and Multi-tasking: Advanced organizational and planning Foundational project planning and project management skills. Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-paced
- Matrix Management: Ability to thrive in a matrixed organization.
- Confidentiality: Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on work-related issues.
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- Diploma from a secondary education school.
- Prefer: Bachelor’s degree, or a combination of education and experience that yields the minimally required key
- Professional to native fluency level of spoken, written, and reading French required
- 3 years working in health development sector assisting non-government organization (NGO) or public-sector
- Travel required (less than 10%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer
- May process new hires for the program or project, coordinate and participate in new hire orientation, and complete payroll documentation processing for new
- May serve as the program/project or functional area’s first point-of-contact for internal and external
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.
However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
TO APPLY CLICK HERE!
Don’t have a time to read?
Just Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Webvacancy) and enjoy it
You can also download our Mobile App (For Android) by name webvacancy
Or just click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app