Technical Director, TanzaniaTanzania, United Republic of | req11180
Technical Director, Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management/HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently seeking a Technical Director to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award which is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
Purpose of Position:
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the quality improvement initiative known as the Makole Model, a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services delivered at health facilities. The Technical Director will support implementation and expand the scope of the Makole Model, successfully implemented to date at the health facility level, through the development of Situation Rooms at the district and national levels. The Technical Director will work closely with a Technical Advisory Group (TAG), composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF, to leverage data from routine health information systems and existing quality improvement and quality assurance platforms to improve productivity, quality of services and institutional performance.
This position is based in Dar es Salaam or Dodoma. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Serve as the Data.FI lead in TAG meetings, led by PORALG, to design a multi-stakeholder strategy to leverage quality improvement (QI) principles and data use through integrated information systems to improve health outcomes.
- Facilitate technical meetings to evaluate and provide leadership for the application of different quality improvement methodologies and data use practices, seeking consensus among diverse stakeholders.
- Work in collaboration with government counterparts to ensure QI data use guidance is harmonized with existing health sector policies.
- Communicate findings from rapid assessments of QI/QA and data use initiatives, as well as existing health information systems, identifying bottlenecks and making recommendations for enhancements to meet PORALG requirements.
- Oversee the development of data visualization efforts to support data use at the national and district levels.
- Oversee the development of training curriculum designed to promote data use at national and district levels and assure implementation according to workplan and within budget.
- Promote knowledge management efforts to document lessons learned while harmonizing quality improvement efforts, during implementation and, when possible, across districts.
- Lead or support the development of technical briefs, policy documents and other technical reports.
- Supervise senior level Quality Advisor and Data Visualization Specialist
- Masters level education in public health, health informatics, monitoring and evaluation, or another relevant field of study; MD would be an asset.
- At least 8 years of technical experience in monitoring and evaluation, health information systems or digital health, data use or QI/QA. Experience supporting stakeholders with key data analytics and data visualizations to improve data use and program performance strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with both PEPFAR indicators and Government of Tanzania indicators for monitoring HIV, FP, and other health programming.
- Considerable demonstrated experience developing and implementing joint workplans with multiple stakeholder groups, including high level stakeholder engagement skills; experience working with USAID, UNICEF, and PORALG in Tanzania is strongly preferred.
- Experience working at different levels of the health system in Tanzania, from the district to the national level.
- Demonstrated experience in developing training materials related to QA/QI, data use and M&E, including for training of trainers, for government audiences.
- Knowledge of project management principles and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents, lead meetings, conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- Ability to travel 50% within Tanzania.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.
Don’t have a time to read?
Just Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Webvacancy) and enjoy it
You can also download our Mobile App (For Android) by name webvacancy
Or just click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app