Officer, ProcurementTanzania, United Republic of | req11179
We are searching for an experienced Officer, Procurement at our Tanzania, United Republic of facility.
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
The Adolescents and Children HIV Incidence Reduction, Empowerment and Virus Elimination project, or ACHIEVE, is a five-year global effort to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control among pregnant and breastfeeding women, adolescents, infants and children. The project is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development and implemented by a Pact-led consortium of top global HIV/AIDS partners, including Jhpiego, Palladium, No Means No Worldwide and WI-HER. These core partners are being supported by a network of global and local strategic resource partners. ACHIEVE focuses on priority PEPFAR countries across Africa, Southeast Asia and the Caribbean. The ACHIEVE consortium works with USAID Missions, national governments and existing response partners to identify gaps in HIV prevention and treatment programming among target populations. Using best practices and expertise along with innovations, the project is addressing critical gaps to meet country-specific epidemic control goals.
Palladium is currently recruiting a Procurement Officer to work for the ACHIEVE project. This person will be based in Dodoma, Tanzania. This full-time position will assist the project with activities related to procurement and logistics. The position will support the ACHIEVE Tanzania activity and report to the Finance & Operations Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with event planning and other activities. This includes venue, accommodation, transport, and per diem arrangements for participants;
- Maintain complete and accurate procurement files and appropriately file paper and electronic copies of all supporting documents;
- Maintain financial, procurement, and attendance records for all meetings and workshops;
- Maintain the project’s Asset Register;
- Prepare procurement documents and ensure procurement is done as per corporately defined processes, and Donor’s rules and regulations;
- Assist with the preparation of training materials and meeting documents (printing, binding, organizing/filing, and meeting minutes);
- Liaising with Palladium Security Manager to ensure all approvals are given advance of travel.
- Provide admin support as and when necessary as well as development of activity budgets for related project activities.
- Developing, managing and overseeing relationships with service providers and suppliers
- Tracking contracts with service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Lead on negotiation, preparation and management of all contracts of suppliers and service providers relating to program operations.
- Ensuring a monitoring system is in place for procurement to ensure all service provision is transparent and quality controlled, and ensure the program continuously obtains best price and value for money.
- Provide logistics, coordination, and travel support to project staff;
- Coordinate recruitment of local long-term staff, as well as short-term national consultants. This includes preparing advertisements, initial filtering of CVs, further short-listing, assessments, obtaining references, carrying out competency based interviews, preparing the interview panel, compiling interview results, and providing feedback to candidates;
- Focal point in case of a security situation responsible for coordination of the response
- Manage Incident Reporting log
- Perform any other responsibilities as may be directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field;
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience in broader finance and administration management with an international organization, including HR, finance, IT, and logistics;
- Familiarity with USAID funded projects and/or experience working on an international development project;
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite applications;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Strong English (written and oral) communication skills;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Local candidates only-no relocation expenses provided;
- Ability to travel locally within Tanzania;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Tanzania.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.
Don’t have a time to read?
Just Subscribe to our YouTube Channel (Webvacancy) and enjoy it
You can also download our Mobile App (For Android) by name webvacancy
Or just click this link https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app