Deadline: June 10, 2021
Applications for the Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2021-2022 are now open. The scholarships offer a unique opportunity to study a two-year Master’s degree in a low or middle-income Commonwealth country.
Aimed at students who are committed to creating change in their communities, the scholarships are a life-changing opportunity to experience a new country and culture, to broaden horizons, and to build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Award recipients receive:
- Fully-funded tuition fees;
- Living expenses allowance (stipend) for duration of award;
- Return economy flights to their host country;
- An arrival allowance;
- Research support grant – on request only; subject to approval.
- Open to Citizens of Commonwealth countries or those who hold refugee status in a Commonwealth country.
- Applicants must apply for a QECS award in a country other than their home country/country of citizenship.
- There is no upper age limit to be eligible for a QECS Award.
- You must have already completed your degree and have graduated with an equivalent of a 2:1 at the time of application. As part of the application process you will be asked to provide a copy of your final transcript and degree certificate.
- The University of the South Pacific (USP)
- Papua New Guinea University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- University of Pretoria (UP)
- University of Venda
- University of Colombo
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura Sri Lanka (USJ)
Before submitting an application, review the available courses and entry requirements – in addition to the application guidance. Select a course that is offered at the university you select at the start of the form for your application to be counted.
To apply for a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship, you must first create a MyACU account. This will enable you to save a draft application, and to log back in to see the status of your application once it is submitted.
Click here to apply
For more information, see the FAQs and visit QECS.