Entries are now open for the RELX Environmental Challenge, it is a skill-based competition in which participants are asked to submit proposals outlining innovative ideas that advance access to safe water and/or sanitation where access is presently at risk.
The RELX Environmental Challenge is open to individuals or organisations operating in the not-for-profit and for-profit sectors.
Projects must advance sustainable access to safe water where it is presently at risk and/or access to improved sanitation, and include the following criteria:
- Be replicable, scalable and sustainable and set a benchmark for innovation
- Have practical applicability
- Address non-discrimination/equity of access
- Involve and impact a range of stakeholders
- Have local/community-level engagement.
- A minimum of two prizes will be awarded (total estimated value of all prizes is at least US$75,000) as follows:
- a first prize in the amount of US$50,000 and
- a second prize in the amount of US$25,000.
- Each to be used to launch, sustain or effectuate its respective winning proposal in accordance with the benchmarks in the judging criteria.
- Each winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and/or a Release of Liability/Publicity Release.
- Any portion of the prize unclaimed or unused by the winner will be forfeited and will not be substituted.
Prizes are not transferable.
The Challenge is open only to applicants 21 years of age or over at their time of entry.
Proof of residency and age may be required.
Applicants may participate as:
- Teams of individuals, or
- Individually or in teams on behalf of an organisation, i.e. an educational or not-for-profit
- institution or a corporation (the latter category, collectively “Organisations”)
- Submission of an application with a proposal (the “Application”) on behalf of a group of individuals or an Organisation shall constitute a representation by the individual submitting the Application that he/she is authorised to represent the team to submit the Application and distribute any prize money.
- Directors, officers and employees (and their immediate families and household members) of RELX Group plc (the “Sponsor”) and its affiliates (collectively, with Sponsor, “RELX”) and their respective advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
- The Challenge is subject to applicable laws of an applicant’s jurisdiction.
- The Sponsor is not responsible for any other eligibility prohibitions, including, without limitation, any established by applicant’s employer; applicants are encouraged to seek information on any such restrictions prior to submission of an Application.
- Void where prohibited.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win the challenge.
For more information, visit https://www.relx.com/corporate-responsibility/engaging-others/relx-group-environmental-challenge#winners