QA Developer, Data.FI TanzaniaTanzania, United Republic of | req11120
QA Developer, Data.FI Tanzania
Palladium develops and delivers innovative, locally relevant, evidence-based solutions to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. Since 1971, we have assisted governmental and non-governmental agencies, foundations, and the private sector by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs in HIV/AIDS, sexual and reproductive health, population and family planning, maternal and child health, infectious diseases, and gender. Palladium has deep expertise in policy and advocacy, research and strategic information, health markets and private sector engagement, modeling and economic analysis, patient monitoring and management, HMIS, strategic consulting, and program management.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Palladium is currently seeking a QA Developer, Tanzania to support implementation of the Translating Data for Implementation (Data.FI) award. Data.FI is a five-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Data.FI partners with PEPFAR programs to accelerate and sustain access to high-quality data to expedite HIV and COVID-19 epidemic control and maintenance. Data.FI supports host country governments to enhance existing health information systems (HIS) and conduct in-depth analysis of epidemiologic and program data to inform management responses to gaps in programming and sustain impact by supporting local partner transition.
In Tanzania, Data.FI will support the government (PORALG) and USAID to strengthen and expand the application of the Makole Model as a change management approach to improve productivity and the quality of services at health facilities. The model combines data from existing quality improvement and quality assurance (QI/QA) platforms with data from other systems to improve institutional performance and health outcomes. Data.FI will support data management and use and will be guided by a technical advisory group composed of experts from USAID, PORALG and UNICEF.
Purpose of Position:
- Reporting to the Sr. Systems Architect, the QA developer will participate in the HIS development sprints, maintain the production environments with the versions required for HIS testing, develop test cases for HIS testing, conduct unit tests for HIS, conduct end to end testing of HIS, develop plans for user acceptance testing, coordinate the user acceptance testing of HIS, coordinate sign-off of HIS before release and internal sign-off on HIS quality before release.
- The role will be responsible for the execution of software testing in line with work plan and team objectives. As a software developer, this role will be responsible for the close collaboration with the software engineers to ensure that Quality Assurance tools are included in the developer pipeline and that the testing processes are automated. The role also provides the first line of support to debug software together with the developers.
This position is based in Dar Es Salaam or Dodoma, TBD. The initial position term is 6 months, with an extension for up to 3 years, depending on funding.
- Work with developers to support the utilization of software testing automation tools for unit testing, regression testing etc.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured automation test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open-source tools
- Utilize tools like Jira and Confluence for team collaboration, technical documentation, project management and bug tracking, and shared code repositories like GitHub or Bit Bucket for distributed code development.
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users/stakeholders on how to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Lead the development of user guide and capacitation materials including maintenance guides for analytics platform and situation rooms
- Lead the UAT process
- Lead the Helpdesk support function.
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Any other duties assigned by the Sr. Systems Architect.
- BSc. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience.
- Familiarity with open-source global goods, including demonstrated experience using DHIS2.
- Ability to effectively write technical documents such as sys/admin manuals and user guides.
- Ability to lead meetings, conduct trainings and deliver presentations.
- At least 5 years’ experience developing QA processes for digital information systems.
- Experience using software projects using tools to facilitate the DevOps process such as Trello, Jira, or Microsoft DevOps.
- Experience managing Help Desks.
- Experience developing test cases, testing, automating regression testing.
- Experience leading UAT sessions
- Ability to travel 30% within Tanzania.
- Fluency in English required, fluency in Swahili preferred.
Palladium is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and inclusion. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to a selection process due to disability or any other circumstance, please email our team at email@example.com and we will endeavor to make any reasonable adjustments to our process.