Job Title: Senior Developer
We are looking for a senior developer willing to participate in the ongoing creation and implementation of tools for the GetPesa platform, which implements the applications that interconnect our users to access the relevant information they need to make sound financial decisions.
The candidate will join an agile team, with a DNA of research and integration of the latest technologies, working in a complete and advanced DevOps environment, always seeking the highest quality in the generated products.
- As a senior full-stack developer at GetPesa you will be responsible for:
- Designing, coding, and modifying web apps, from layout to function according to the specifications and integrating data from various backend services and databases.
- Working independently and collaborating with the rest of the development team.
- Writing clean, robust code backed by automated unit tests with full coverage.
- Evaluate and recommend software components and practices to help keep the products competitive.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Good time-management skills.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong experience using object-oriented and functional programming concepts.
- Team player.
- Degree would be an advantage but can be substituted with relevant experience.
Proven work experience (2 years) with:
- Proficiency in Python, Ruby on Rails or Node JS
- Proficiency in Front-end frameworks such as React, Vue.js, Angular, etc.
- Proficiency in SQL databases preferably Postgresql, MySql.
- Experience with Git-based source code management.
- Relational (SQL) and non-relational (NoSQL) databases.
- Experience working with REST APIs and micro-service architecture.
- Experience with Cloud based architecture (AWS deployment).
- Experience with DevOps.
Why work with us?
This role offers you an opportunity to be a part of a fast paced, growing startup company in the financial technology space located in East Africa, some of the perks include:
- A modern, open concept work environment with flexible hours and a casual dress code.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Work with product team and UI/UX designers ·
- Learn and understand user interactions.
- Develop a flexible and well-structured front and back end architecture.
- Mentor junior staff instilling best practices.
If you are such candidate, we would be thrilled to hear from you.
By applying you are agreeing to having your data saved and managed by employees of GetPesa for possible future reference in full accordance with the law.
GetPesa is an equal opportunity employer.
Application Deadline: 2021-04-29
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!