Frankfurt Zoological Society (FZS) conserves wildlife and ecosystems focusing on protected areas and outstanding wild places. FZS maintains long-term conservation programmes in Africa, South America, Asia and Europe.
FZS Vision in Tanzania:
FZS is committed to maintaining biodiversity and conserving wildlife and ecosystems in protected areas and outstanding wild places of the Serengeti, the Selous and the Mahale ecosystems in partnership with the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania through the Ministry of Natural Resources and Tourism.
Position title: STOREKEEPER/ Cashier
Location: Seronera, Serengeti National Park
Reports to: Project Accountant, Serengeti Conservation Project
Undertake full management of the food ration store, as well as the spare parts store. Ensure that all items are entered into the store and that the correct protocols for issue are followed and handling petty cash. At all times ensure that FZS allocated resources are used as per the FZS project strategy and operation plans, that FZS policies, donor standards and procedures are adhered to in order to attain the conservation support objectives of the Project. Ensure a good team spirit is maintained, and work with integrity and pride, in order to ensure sound working relationships with all partners.
- Take care of all assets under food store and Garage spares and making sure the store is neat and items are recorded to the QuickBooks;
- Raise a requisition form when food items and spare parts are needed;
- Assisting Driver-purchasing officer in monthly purchase of food items when needed;
- Receive all of the purchases from Purchasing Officer by writing receiving note and keep the record i.e. keep accurate records of all incoming and outgoing goods from food store and garage store;
- Issue/dispatch food rations to ranger post as required and on time using an issue note; similar to the garage issue note for spare parts.
- Issue a monthly report showing the cost of each post e.g. Ndasiata, Moru, De-snaring, etc. and send it to finance office for cost allocation (this can be done with assistance from Finance office if needed).
- Overall in charge and follow-up overall inventory management for food stuff and Garage spares parts
- Take physical inventory once a month to cross-check with the monthly inventory report, to be signed and checked by Project Accountant;
- Be responsible to ensure goods kept operate by ‘first in first out’ method (FIFO).
- To ensure recording of the necessary data in QuickBooks on time, upon receipt and issuing of food items and spare parts.
- Be responsible to ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches;
- Be responsible to ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory QuickBooks;
- Work closely with Purchasing Officer-Driver to order and receive items;
- Notify Operations and Logistics, in the absence of Project Accountant, of any low food stock levels;
- Handling petty cash, maintaining proper filling as per FZS standard;
- All spares stocks to be well maintained, and with items diligently entered into and out of the store;
- Work closely with the Operations and Logistic in order to maintain good stock levels.
Qualification and experience:
- Minimum Qualification: Diploma in Procurement and Logistics/Supplies Management, Business Administration and/or Accounting.
- At least Five (2) Years of progressive experience in handling Petty cash and managing store using Quick book software
- Ability to communicate and coordinate well with other staff, and work within a team, while keeping the principles of integrity, pride and discipline in the foreground
With increasing funds for biodiversity conservation from the development banking sector, we have identified the need to provide additional support to projects in Serengeti, Nyerere National Parks and Selous Game Reserve and Tanzania Country Office (TCO) to meet donor requirements. We are seeking an experienced project accountant to provide backstopping to project teams to ensure that procurement of goods and services adhere to the financial policies laid out by donor requirements.
Position title: Project Accountant
Reports to: Head of Finance and Administration (HoFA)
Start date: Immediately
Position in the organization: Project accountant will report directly to HoFA. The Project Accountant will work closely with the Procurement Officer together with Program Managers to ensure timely delivery of BMZ/KFW grant.
- Full implementation of the FZS Accounting Policy & Procedures, preparation of accounts for sound and accurate management, reporting and auditing;
- Work very closely with our partners to ensure compliance and deliverance of desired outputs;
- Ensure that effective financial management systems are in place, sound control and filling; Ensure strict adherence to the approved budgets;
- Support the Head of Finance in the preparation of financial reports to donor and auditors;
- Ensure: Financial reports are regularly prepared to inform management; donor reports are prepared on time and cash flow is available for project expenses and activities;
- Help project staff in linking Grant Budget to Grant Work-plans, so that the activities to be undertaken in the projects matches with approved budgets;
- Provide regular and timely summaries of funds status to Program Managers.
- Support for procurement procedures; work closely with Procurement Officer to ensure proper approval, filling and documentation as per FZS/donor guidelines.
- Prepare financial statements as required by donors, prepare quarterly and annual financial statements as per project agreement;
- Establish and carry out procedures to monitor and regulate own tasks, activities and responsibilities;
- Provide accounting guidance and support to partners;
- Together with the Procurement Officer and Storekeepers put efficient systems in place to properly monitor and secure the assets of the Project;
- Daily recording of cash, bank payment, imprest and expenses to the system; and
- Undertake other activities assigned by the Country Director or Head of Finance, even if outside the normal duties as per this job description.
Holder of Bachelor of Commerce and Accounting or Finance, Business Management/ Administration or related degree, Certified Public Accountant (CPA T) with Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
Competent in the following areas and exhibit these whilst carrying out daily duties:
- Integrity: Maintain high ethical standards, both personally and professionally, show integrity and fairness in dealing with others;
- Initiative: Be proactive and identify tasks which are required;
- Planning and working patterns: Structure one’s work in an orderly and transparent manner, carrying it out with an eye for detail and accuracy. Set goals and priorities in an effective manner, and endeavour to always achieve a high standard of workmanship;
- Teamwork: Co-operate and work well with others in the pursuit of team goals: share information and support others. Contribute effectively towards the organisation’s goals and towards solving problems/conflicts;
- Flexibility: Adaptable, receptive to new ideas, willing and able to adjust to changing demands and circumstances;
- Problem analysis: Point out problems, recognise important information, trace causes of problems.
2 year full-time contract based at TCO Arusha with occasional travel to FZS project sites. Candidates should be considering a longer-term commitment.
Your application should contain a cover letter, your chronological CV as well as qualifying certificates. Your cover letter should answer the following questions:
Why would you like to work for the advertised position?
What qualifications and personal qualities make you a good candidate? Please send your electronic application documents (as one single pdf) and indicate your salary expectations and the earliest possible starting date to email@example.com.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 7th MAY 2021 at 16.00