The Micrsoft is pleased to announce a call for proposals for the AI for Earth Grants Program to support projects that use AI to change the way people and organizations monitor, model, and manage Earth’s natural systems.
Please download webvacancy app here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webvacancy.app
- Climate: The changing climate threatens human health, infrastructure, and natural systems. AI can give people more accurate climate predictions to help reduce the potential impacts.
- Agriculture: By 2050, farmers must produce more food, on less arable land, and with less environmental impact to feed the world’s increasing population. AI can help people monitor the health of farms in real time.
- Biodiversity: Species are going extinct at an alarming rate. AI can help accelerate the discovery, monitoring, and protection of biodiversity across our planet.
- Water: In the next two decades, demand for fresh water is predicted to dramatically outpace supply. AI can help people model Earth’s water supply to help them conserve and protect fresh water.
Azure compute credit grants
If you already have access to a labeled dataset and are ready to start using Azure AI tools and cloud computing, this grant provides you with Azure compute credits worth $5,000, $10,000, or $15,000 (depending on your project scope and needs). By being a member of the AI for Earth grantee community, you also have access to additional resources – technical advice and support, online Azure training materials, and invitations to the AI for Earth Summit for networking and education opportunities.
- Applicants can be affiliated with an academic institution, non-profit organization, environmental start-up, or even an innovative new project within a company. They recommend that the main applicant has a demonstrated background in environmental science and/or technology (such as a PhD degree), and that at least one member of the team has strong enough technical skills to complete the project successfully.
- To qualify for access to ArcGIS Pro through Esri, the grant recipient must be affiliated with an academic institution, non-profit organization, or start-up organization.
- This award program is available worldwide.
For more information, visit https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/ai/ai-for-earth-grants#primaryR3