The Madrasa Early Childhood Programme – Zanzibar (MECP-Z) is an Early Childhood Development (ECD) organization supported by the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF). MECP-Z has been implementing ECD programs in Zanzibar for over 25 years. MECP-Z received full registration as a pre-primary Teacher Training Institute and is working in partnership with the government and other local and international ECD stakeholders to support early childhood development and care for child development in Tanzania.
MECP-Z has secured grants from Global Affairs Canada and Armstrong Foundation, through Aga Khan Foundation to support Early Childhood Education in Zanzibar and Lindi in the next four years. The project is aimed at strengthening delivery of quality, gender-responsive, and inclusive education, early childhood development, and other sustainable development services in Zanzibar and Lindi.
To help achieve the goals of the project, MECP-Z is looking for the well qualified personnel to fill in the following job positions below….
TEACHER TRAINER (2 Positions in Pemba and 1 Position in Unguja)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Participate in the identification of new teacher trainees, verification of document and admission of students into teacher training college.
- Facilitate delivery of high-quality teacher training assigned to them, in charge of lecture rooms, in charge of students in the room allocated to them, in charge of resource rooms.
- Ensure high-quality learning in different subject assigned, participating in discipline and examination committees when called upon.
- Work closely with principal to ensure timely preparation and administration of examinations at the teacher training college and ensure high quality record keeping and reporting.
- Carry out support, mentoring and assessment of teachers undergoing training.
- Work closely with principal to ensure proper student record such as attendance and examination result are always kept.
- Support marketing effort undertake by MECP-Z to increase enrolment of students at Teacher Training College
- Support program teachers to establish effective parental involvement in school activities and children’s learning.
- Collect and collate data and statistics pertaining to the nature of the task/assignment.
- Attend school management and other meeting relevant to the program whenever the need arises.
- Attend staff development courses, seminars, and conference when the need arises.
- As member of team, participate in joint activities organized by the MECP-Z from time to time within the organization and outside the office.
- Provide consultancy services when needed.
- Develop success stories of the faculty and communicate within the organisation.
- Undertake studies and research on early childhood development.
- Always ensure safeguarding.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Development or Degree in Education, Masters is an added advantage.
- Experience working as a facilitator of participatory learning and active grassroots engagement.
- Experience with technologies and best practices for instructional manuals and teaching platforms
- Possesses social organization skills and experience in Educational chains.
- At least 2 years previous experience as a trainer, corporate training specialist or related position.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time efficiently.
- Strong in computer skills (Ms. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Good communication skills in speaking and writing both English and Kiswahili.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications should be sent:
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for application is 18th April 2021 16:30.
Applicants should send their Application Letter and CVs to:
Madrasa Ealy Childhood Programme – Zanzibar
P. O. Box 3716 – Zanzibar
Kiponda – Zanzibar
All emails should bear a heading of the post applied for and the location.
MECP-Z provides equal employment opportunities for all. Women and People with Disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.