“Sometimes in life there is that moment when it’s possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments.”
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and supporting close to 6,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to facilitate access to services for those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States.
With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
JOBS VACANCIES OPPORTUNITIES DESCRIPTIONS
Temporary Communication and Advocacy Officer
Job title: Temporary Communication and Advocacy Officer
Reporting to: Senior Advisor Communication, Outreach and Advocacy and Partnership
Job grade: Grade 5
Location: Dar es Salaam
Contract Duration: 6 Months
USAID Boresha Afya North and Central Zone through PEPFAR as a Prime Partner and funded through PEPFAR mechanism, is implementing a comprehensive, integrated HIV/AIDS/TB and FP activities in Kilimanjaro, Singida, Tabora, Manyara, Arusha and Dodoma regions since October 2016. The project has successful implemented various interventions aimed to improve the health status of Tanzanians. The temporary communications and advocacy officer will work under the supervision of the Senior Advisor – Communications, Advocacy and Partnership and will be responsible for developing and implementing EGPAF Tanzania’s communication, advocacy agenda, including building awareness on the availability, accessibility and utilization of the comprehensive integrated HIVIAIDS/TB and FP in supported regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other communications material that communicates the organization’s/project activities, products and/or services.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Identifying and documenting success stories through videos and writing
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the brand, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software and video production and editing.
- Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices/intervention including production of success/results stories, research findings, Regional, District HIV program profiles and make significant contribution to the quarterly & annual reports, production, and dissemination of communications output.
- Work with the technical team to translate technical information to messages that can be understood and actioned by ordinary citizens.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years’ relevant experience in a communications role.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing software (InDesign/Photoshop) and Video editing softwares.
- Experience in working at an NGO specifically in PEPFAR/ USAID Funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in Social and Behavioural Change Communication
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, content management systems, and social media platforms.
- Great photography skills
Method of Application EGPAF is an equal opportunities employer and the position is open to all. Qualified candidates should submit a CV, cover letter and relevant certificates all in one document explaining how the experience detailed in the CV will contribute to the requirements of the position and references to EGPAF.
Job title: Temporary Project Operation Assistant
Reporting to: Finance and Administration Coordinator.
Job grade: Grade 3
Project Operations Assistant will work as part of Arusha project teams to ensure timely support of project activities implementation at Kilimanjaro region. He/she is responsible to provide support in the various aspects of project operations and working closely with Kilimanjaro based operations and project activity holders.
He/she will provide back up to other operations staff when needed and as advised by the supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for a day to day running for the office business including supervision on cleanness and security and health protocols
- Responsible to supervise reception desks for visitors and customers, incoming and outgoing phone, letters and office document (invoice, profoma, LPO etc.)
- Running errands to vendors and other stake holders for office business
- Receiving invoices from vendors for timely payment.
Commodities and inventory management
- Facilitate project commodities management in the assigned councils and ensure they are fully accounted for.
- Managing stocks, ensuring stock taking and preparing a monthly stock taking reports.
- Ensure commodities and program tools received from Country office are dispatched to respective councils/Sites immediately.
- Ensuring all inventory have EGPAF have tags for branding.
Meeting and Activities facilitation
- Provide logistical facilitation to acquire training/workshop venues and other necessary training supplies.
- Ensure payments of all training participants and fully accountability of the payments either done through M-pesa or any other mechanism.
- Work with procurement personnel to ensure all providers/vendors for services like external caterers, venue, stationary etc. are well coordinated and deliver the services timely.
- Facilitate and coordinate the travels of all external training and workshop participants in coordination of activity holders.
- Ensure timely submission of accurate and complete support documentation to Arusha Project Office Finance for all EGPAF facilitated workshops or trainings.
- Ensure correct participants’ per diem calculation, payment supported by copies of Identity cards and verification of recipients’ phone numbers.
- Managing compliance and risk management at the project office.
- Enhancing customer engagement and relationship management.
- Any other relevant duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Coordinator
At least degree holder in business administration, finance, accounting, project management.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong attention to details
- High numeracy, sound technical skills and analytical approach to work
- Good time management skills
Submissions to be sent to:
Senior Human Resource Manager,
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation
P.O. BOX 1628,
395 Ursino Park, Mwai Kibaki Road, Morocco.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.All application should come via this Link:
Closing date: April 12th 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.