Specialist, Channel Systems Support
Reporting Line: Manager, Omni Channels Support
Location: Head Office
This role entails providing expert level support of digital channels of the bank, it’s aimed to provide assurance of channel systems performance, service availability and timely resolutions of technical issues reported through agreed support model.
The role further entails expert knowledge in payment gateway integrations and support of various ICT practices such change management, Incident management, Application deployment, Disaster Recovery among others.
Channel systems include;
- Omni Channel systems: – Mobile Banking (App & USSD), Chap Chap account systems; Cash Collection; Agency banking.
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB): Integrations with 3rd party business partners / utility & service providers for bills payments, Integration with aggregators, Mobile Network Operators (Mobile money), Integrations to other internal systems (e.g. Core banking system).
- Gateway X system: Internally developed service Bus which will also integrate external parties, MNO & Billers for bills payments solution.
- FraudGuard System: Fraud detection system which monitors transactions passing through ESB and Gateway X
Responsible for 24hrs uptime / support of all Omni systems which involves running all the Business As Usual (BAU) systems support activities such as:
- Cross-check confirm and report availability of Omni Channel systems and services (systems health-check) everyday morning.
- Monitoring and ensure that utilization of Omni Channel systems resources (processors, memory, disk space & network) are within the acceptable thresholds (<80%), otherwise take necessary upgrade measures in an effective manner without interrupting customer services.
- Preparations of daily, weekly, and monthly performance statistics for the network and data center infrastructure, status reports, and graphical aids for ICT management.
- Ensure that periodic backups / replication of database, application and configurations from live servers to Stand-by & Disaster Recovery (DR) servers are in place.
- 2nd level incidents & problems management in effective manner to ensure highest service availability and shortest time of resolution of incidents.
- Reporting omni channel systems incidents to internal business stakeholders (Value Added Service, Channels, Reconciliation, Customer Service Delivery / Call Center) as well as respective internal technical stakeholders (Data Center, Power, Network) and tracking issues until final resolution.
- Escalation of incidents and problems to 3rd level support and interaction with system vendors and 3rd party business partners to resolve systems and integrations / interfaces incidents.
- Implement continuous improvement / upgrades of all omni channel systems and integrations to ensure conformance with performance, capacity, security and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that reconciliation files are generated and made available to respective users, internal and external.
- Ensure that all SMS notifications to customers for all omni channel transactions are successfully delivered to customers on time.
- Perform Disaster Recovery (DR) test procedures for omni channel systems between Primary and DR Data Centers, at least once every year.
- Any other tasks as assigned by the Line Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of banking software technologies & products in the market, especially Self-service delivery channel services, mobile banking technologies and cyber security.
- Substantial knowledge of diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of database management systems: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle, DB2, etc.
- Knowledge of programming languages: PL/SQL, XML, XSL/XSLT, CSS, Java / J2EE, .Net and HTML etc.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and IBM AIX Operating Systems.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and non-SOA based Middleware systems: JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere.
- Responsible attitude, ability to take initiative and ownership, adapt in a fast-paced banking service environment, pay attention to details and handle confidential / security information.
- Punctuality, maintains schedules and follows operational procedures
- Highly motivated and capable to work effectively within a multi-discipline team, as well as work independently
- Ability to work with and support a very busy group; responsive and professional telephone etiquette; accurate and detail message handling.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills; ability to be clear and concise.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related fields from recognized higher learning institutions.
- IT professional certifications in ITIL and Project Management is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in systems support, incident & problem management and Omni Channels systems & integrations support
- Omni Channels banking Systems troubleshooting & support experience
- Technical interaction with vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please be advised that if you are not contacted within 14 working days of the advert closing date then you have not been shortlisted.
“NMB Bank Plc does not charge any fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it”.
Application deadline: 24th April 2021