Job #: req11488
Organization: World Bank
Sector: Facilities Management
BONYEZA LINK HIZI CHINI ILI
JIUNGE NA GROUP LETU LA WHATSAPP
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
Location: Dar Es Salaam,Tanzania
Required Language(s): English
About the World Bank Group:
Established in 1944, the World Bank Group (WBG) is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions: the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), the International Development Association (IDA), the International Finance Corporation (IFC), the Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA), and the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID). With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, the WBG works with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
Global Corporate Solutions and Corporate Real Estate
Reporting to the Managing Director and World Bank Group Chief Administration Officer, Global Corporate Solutions (GCS) brings together the functions of Corporate Security, Corporate Real Estate, and Corporate Services (such as food services, printing, travel, conferences, and translation and interpretation).
Corporate Real Estate (GCSCR) supports IBRD, IDA, and MIGA, in developing and operating their real estate needs worldwide. GCSCR’s primary purpose is to create and develop strategic, cost effective, functional, efficient, and safe real estate solutions. To achieve its purpose, GCSCR is structured into two main divisions: (i) HQ Real Estate Development and Management (GCSHQ), which covers facilities based in Washington, DC, and (ii) International Real Estate (GCSIR), responsible for facilities located overseas. GCSIR, in its turn, comprises two sub-units: (i) International Real Estate Development (GCSID) and, (ii) International Facilities Management (GCSIF). The Facilities Manager position falls in GCSIF.
The Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania Office
The World Bank Group office in Tanzania, is located within a leased, four storey multi-tenant facility in Dar-es-salaam. The office is occupied by 80 staff in a total area of 2,250 square meters. The lease includes 65 parking bays. There are plans in place for the CO to relocate in the future. Besides the Tanzania office, the Facilities Manager based in Dar-es-salaam will be required to manage and/or to provide oversight to other WBG locations, primarily across the East and Southern Africa.
This assignment will be initially focused on managing facilities operations at, but not necessarily limited to, the World Bank’s Tanzania Office. Changes or additions to this assignment can be implemented during the initial term or occasional extensions.
The incumbent will report to the Senior Program Manager, Global Corporate Solutions, International Facilities Management (GCSIF), based in Washington, DC, and will be a key member of the GCSIF team. S/he will be based in Dar-es-salaam, Tanzania.
The position responsibilities include management and oversight of operations and maintenance of the buildings in the portfolio, including, but not limited to, housekeeping, maintenance, electrical and mechanical engineering systems, and landscaping.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage both in house and outsourced technical, maintenance and cleaning contracted vendors, which will provide and coordinate all facilities requirements of the building, including housekeeping, landscape maintenance, Bank-owned equipment repair, as well as power, water and waste management.
- Ensure all Bank-owned building infrastructure equipment is maintained per the recommended Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules detailed in GCSIR’s International Facilities Manual, and in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations for all Bank-owned and installed equipment. This includes, for example, UPSs, HVAC systems, elevators, generators, electrical, voltage stabilizers, plumbing, fire detection/alarm/suppression systems, security and access control equipment.
- Report all readings and other data monthly on a shared drive for oversight and recommendations by the GCSIF Senior Program Manager, and for inclusion in the Annual Facilities Management Report.
- Develop technical and statement of work specifications for contracted building and equipment maintenance services and participate in the evaluation and selection of bidders, e.g. responding to bidder’s questions on Requests for information, Requests for Proposal, or other contract bidding processes as needed.
- Work closely with the GCSIF Senior Program Manager and with the local Resource Management Officer to formulate reporting procedures for monthly expenses. Provide monthly building management budgets and expense reports to the GCSIF Senior Program Manager. As required, attend and report at office management meetings.
- Schedule and oversee contracted vendors in the coordination of multiple engineering operations, inspections, and preventative maintenance and fire/life safety programs. Inform and ensure security coverage in the compound and building areas scheduled for weekend work. Check on weekend work as needed.
- Review all contractor invoices and recommend for payment by the Resource Management Officer.
- Develop annual building management cost estimates with the GCSIF Senior Program Manager, for submission to the local Resource Management Officer for inclusion in the annual budget preparation.
- Oversee the Helpdesk function for reporting and tracking of facilities-related user needs and resolution of reported problems.
- Coordinate required building management purchases under $50,000 with local Resource Management Officer using Corporate Procurement guidelines.
- Develop and coordinate procurement of equipment and services contracts valued at above $50,000 with the GCSIF Senior Program Manager and designated Corporate Procurement Officer.
- Coordinate and closely collaborate with GCSIF Senior Program Manager and Corporate Procurement to ensure compliance with the Bank’s procurement standards for larger facilities purchases and contracts.
- Manage an asset program for furniture, equipment and fixtures; conduct the annual physical inventory, and provide updated information to the local Resource Management Officer for entry into the asset management database. Initiate annual asset disposal related to facilities out-of-order or junk items in coordination with the local management team.
- Ensure that established procedures for all fire, life safety and security programs are followed for periodic inspections and staff emergency drills. Plan and conduct the emergency drills, in coordination with the Country Security Specialist.
- Maintain a current portfolio of companies to be solicited for various Facilities Management procurement needs.
- Oversee and coordinate an effective environmental program to minimize waste generation and user impact on the environment; implement effective energy and water management programs to reduce the building environmental footprint.
- Provide Architectural, Engineering and/or design expertise as needed to review and approve minor interior configurations designs to ensure alignment with building systems and equipment, finishing standards and compliance with fire, fire and life safety codes, and to support contracted vendors in the management of Engineering operations, preventive maintenance and fire, life and safety programs.
- Coordinate and manage internal moves in coordination with local IT staff.
- A relevant Degree, preferably MA/MS or M. Eng. (Architectural, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management) and 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of building infrastructure and engineering systems, building codes, and other laws and regulations pertaining building operations and maintenance.
- Practical experience in managing building systems, with ability to inspect and, if necessary, train relevant staff for proper operation upkeep and general maintenance of installations.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare logistical plans, prepare technical statements of work, and specifications for services.
- Knowledge of sustainability principles in facilities management.
- Ability to handle facilities-related budget planning and management, including monitoring cost accounting and chargebacks and identifying unplanned activities or deviations from schedule or budget.
- Understanding of the basic concepts of project management, as they relate to the execution of tasks within a project.
- Ability to maintain systematic documentation of contract administration, operations and cost records to facilitate periodic contract audits by World Bank internal auditors.
- Knowledge and experience with MS Office and AutoCAD (or equivalent) essential; knowledge of MS Project, or equivalent project tracking software desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage multiple and/or complex operational issues under minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills to effectively manage outsourced building facilities staff and other teams to deliver integrated services.
- Effective interpersonal, communication and listening skills, excellent sense of client orientation, and drive for results. Proven ability to diplomatically communicate with internal clients in the office and the World Bank headquarters at all levels as well as local government authorities regarding licenses, permits etc.
- Willingness to be available on a 24/7 basis in case of a major emergency, system breakdown or security issue.
- Willingness to travel regionally as needed.
For information about WBG Core Competencies, please visit: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O.
Poverty has no borders, neither does excellence. We succeed because of our differences and we continuously search for qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds from around the globe.
Closing Date: 4/19/2021 (MM/DD/YYYY) at 11:59pm UTC
CLICK HERE TO APPLY!https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mwanampotevu.digital
WOMEN IN MANAGEMENT IN AFRICA AWARDS(WIMA)Habari ya wakati huu naitwa Epifania Mhagama, TGEE project manager at Helptohelp. Naomba kura yako katika kipengele cha STEM AWARD, kunipigia kura tembelea http://votenasi.wima.co.tz/register.php .
Jinsi ya kupiga kura1. Bonyeza link hapo juu2. Register kwa kutumia namba ya simu au email3. Utapewa code/ voters ID (hapo hapo)4. Ingiza code/voters ID na password yako5. Nenda category ya STEM AWARD chagua Epifania Mhagama( sio lazima kuvote kwa category zote ili uweze kusubmit)6.Bonyeza submit
Kwa nini Epifania:-Nimefanya miradi zaidi ya 10 ya kujenga ujuzi na uwezo kwa wanawake-Nimefikia wanawake 2582(vyuoni)-Zaidi ya 30% wamepata ajira na fursa mbalimbali kutokana na ujuzi wa matumizi ya tekinolojia waliopata kwenye mafunzo -Zaidi ya 70% wamebadili mtazamo juu ya matumizi ya tekinolojia kwa wanawake
Asante kwa kunipigia kura