Deadline: May 23, 2021
Applications are open for the Global Peace Photo Award 2021. The Global Peace Photo Award recognizes and promotes photographers from all over the world whose pictures capture human efforts towards a peaceful world and the quest for beauty and goodness in our lives. The award goes to those photographs that best express the idea that our future lies in peaceful coexistence.
The Global Peace Photo Award (formerly the Alfred Fried Photography Award) is organized by Edition Lammerhuber in partnership with Photographische Gesellschaft (PHG), UNESCO, Austrian Parliament, Austrian Parliamentary Reporting Association, International Press Institute (IPI), German Youth Photography Award and the World Press Photo Foundation.
- The top five listed photographers will be awarded the Alfred Fried Peace Medal.
- The Peace Image of the Year will receive €10,000.
- The winning picture will be on display for one year at the Austrian Parliament and will be included in the permanent art collection of the Austrian Parliament.
- All winners will be invited to Vienna to the award ceremony at the Austrian Parliament on 21 September 2021, with travel expenses and accommodation paid.
- The Global Peace Photo Award is open to all photographers from anywhere in the world.
- Digital submissions must be saved as .jpg, with more than 3000 pixels on the longest side.
- Images must not include any embedded marks, logos, names or borders.
- Photographs that are part of a reportage on a topic must not be manipulated in a way that changes the meaning of the picture. For other entries, they accept digitally edited images and photo montages if they serve to explore a theme creatively.
- All digitally edited images must make clear what has been done to them in the captions that accompany the images.
- You may enter several photographs as individual submissions without an overall theme. Or you can submit up to 20 photographs as one story.
The jury will judge the photographs on artistic merit, originality, subject and style, based on the theme of peace.